Harry Potter Trivia – we have the answers!
By Helen Wright
Welcome to passportstamps.uk! We are an independent travel website that features worldwide family travel, Disney holidays, Orlando and more! Find us on Facebook for travel inspiration, quizzes and giveaways.
You have reached the ANSWERS page for our Epic Harry Potter Trivia Quiz!
TO GO BACK AND PLAY THE QUIZ, CLICK HERE. Its magic!
HARRY POTTER QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – FIND THE ANSWERS TO BOTH ROUNDS BELOW
We asked 50 questions about Harry Potter on our quiz. 25 questions featured trivia on the famous movies and books, the other half were all about the epic Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood resorts.
Are you planning a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? If not, then you definitely should! We have everything you need to know about heading to Florida and its fabulous theme parks in our Ultimate Guide to Orlando.
quiz ROUND ONE answers:
HARRY POTTER TRIVIA ABOUT THE FILMS AND BOOKS
2. Hogwarts has 142 staircases.
3. The seven Weasley siblings in age order are as follows:
Fred and George
4. Peter Petergrew cut off his right index finger as a ploy to fake his own death.
5. Uncle Vernon works at Grunnings, a drill-making factory.
6. An elder wand, a resurrection stone and a cloak of invisibility make up the Deathly Hallows
7. Bill Weasley. (Mad Eyed Moody is played by Brendan Gleeson who is Domhnall Gleeson’s real life dad).
8. Opening a locked door or another locked object. Alohomora is an ‘unlocking charm’.
9. Ed Sheeran said in an interview that his favourite Harry Potter character is Luna Lovegood (‘because she always seems high’)
10. 14 Sickles
11. An apple and a live singing bird
12. A giant squid lives in the lake at Hogwarts
13. There are three trials in the TriWizard tournament
14. Neville Longbottom gives Harry a Gillyweed to help him swim in the second task of the TriWizard tournament. The Gillyweed is a magical plant that allows a human to breathe underwater and swim more easily.
15. In the original book version, it’s Dobby that gives Harry the Gillyweed.
16. The London Underground map
17. Rubeus is Hagrid’s first name!
18. 2016. ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’ opened in London’s West End to critical acclaim (and long waiting lists). The hugely successful play can now be seen in Melbourne, Tokyo, Toronto, Hamburg, San Francisco, New York and Hamburg.
19. Imelda Staunton
20. Seven. Slightly controversial one this… This link from Entertainment Weekly explains it all!
For the record, the list of Voldemort’s Horcruxes is:
Tom Riddle’s diary
Marvolo Gaunt’s ring
Salazar Slytherin’s locket
Helga Hufflepuff’s cup
Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem
Nagini, the snake
Harry Potter himself
21. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
22. A cat
24. Sirius Black or Fred Weasley
25. J.K Rowling’s original manuscript for Harry Potter was turned down by 12 publishers
quiz ROUND TWO answers:
THEME PARK QUIZ – THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010.
3. There are six variations of Butterbeer at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando: Cold, Hot, Frozen, Butterbeer Potted Cream, Butterbeer Fudge, Butterbeer Ice Cream
4. None of the Butterbeer on sale at Universal contains alcohol
5. The amazing Volcano at Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park is taller. The epic structure stands at 200ft. Hogwarts Castle is smaller, at 150ft
6. Hagrid is 7ft 6 inches.
7. Yes, the sign above the Leaky Cauldron pub really does leak. So be careful if you are walking under it!
8. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, sits between The Lost Continent and Jurassic Park
10. Duelling Dragons
11. Hagrid’s has SEVEN crazy accelerations.
12. This street can only be found at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood – it does not appear at the Orlando parks.
13. False! The Kings Cross bricks aren’t real, although they look exactly the same!
14. Hard Rock Hotel is the closest Universal Orlando Resort hotel to Hogwarts. Planning a trip to Orlando? Find out which is the best Universal Resort hotel for you and your family or group.
15. Dawn French is the ‘Fat Lady in the Portrait’
17. Ukraine. The Ukrainian Ironbelly Dragon is said to be the largest dragon species in the world.
18. Three: The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts / Dark Arts at Hogwarts / The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts.
Watch our video of The Nightime Lights (answers continue below)
19. Mouldy Sandwich is not a flavour of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
20. A Horcrux
21. True. Helena Bonham Carter was on the red carpet for the opening of Diagon Alley in Orlando, Florida. She appears in the brilliant ‘Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts’ ride.
22. Early Park Admission. Find out more about how it works here
23. True! The attraction is designed to resemble an actual train ride between Hogsmeade and London – just like the actual Hogwarts Express – so of course it is different when you go back the other way.
24. Escape From Gringotts lasts a whopping five minutes! Forbidden Journey is 4 mins and Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is only 4 mins – it’s so fast!
25. There are eight rollercoasters at Universal Orlando resort: Flight of the Hippogriff, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Pteranodon Flyers, Revenge of the Mummy, The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster and, of course, Hagrid’s! How many have you been on?
Do you know how much it REALLY costs to go to Walt Disney World?
The best places to buy DISNEY AND HARRY POTTER MERCHANDISE in the UK (updated monthly)
Planning a trip to Orlando? We have put together the dream Orlando itinerary.
Find out why 2021 could be the best ever year to go to Walt Disney World
Why The Wizarding World of Harry Potter changed everything