Hamilton Lyrics Quiz: the all-new Hamilton quiz
By Helen Wright
If you’ve read our travel with the musicals post, you’ll know we’ve been in a musical theatre mood recently. During lockdown, we couldn’t travel to Broadway or enjoy a night out in the West End to watch Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Tony-winning musical, Hamilton, but thanks to Disney Plus we were able to enjoy the brilliance from home. To make it even more fun, we’ve put together a Hamilton quiz – or more specifically a Hamilton lyrics quiz – for you to play as you watch along, OR to simply test your superfan knowledge.
Answer all 25 Hamilton trivia questions and then click at the bottom to get the answers. Do you know which character warned that ‘history has its eyes on you’ and who was ‘reliable with the ladies’? Do you know every Hamilton song word perfect? Take the quiz and find out!
Cover image: Disney© / Disney Plus /Lin Manuel Miranda
Hamilton Quiz: 25 Hamilton Lyrics Quiz questions
1. Which character, along with Hamilton, sings ‘Immigrants, we get the job done’.
2. Complete the lyric ‘In New York you can be a…’
3. Who needs to ‘talk less and smile more?
4. Who sings ‘and Peggy’?
5. Who does King George III say he will kill to show how much he loves them?
6. What does George Washington think is harder than dying?
7. Who does Angelica want included in the ‘sequel’ to the declaration of independence?
8. Which U.S State does Thomas Jefferson call his Home Sweet Home?
9. Who sings that they want to be in the room where it happens?
10. What do Alexander and Phillip joke is legal in New Jersey?
Hamilton quiz questions continue below:
Hamilton Lyrics Quiz
11. How many years does Eliza live after Alexander dies?
12. Fill in these blanks from Satisfied:
I’m a girl in a world in which
My only job is to ___ ___
My father has no sons so I’m the one
Who has to social climb for one
So I’m the ___ and the ____ and the gossip in
New York City is insidious
And Alexander is ___
13. What is the first line in the whole show?
14. In Helpless, why does Eliza laugh at Angelica?
15. Who describes themselves as Imitable and Original?
16. How many times does King George III sing da (dat / ya) in ‘You’ll be back’?
17. Who is America’s favourite fighting Frenchman?
18. What Shakespeare play does Hamilton describe in his letter to Angelica as a Scottish tragedy?
19. In the same song, what grammatical mark confuses Angelica?
20. Name Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton’s children who will ‘come of age with our young nation’?
21. In The Reynolds Pamphlet, what political mistake does Hamilton effectively make, as sung about by Jefferson, Madison and Burr?
22. During ‘It’s Quiet Uptown’, what is said to the easier thing to do when you are already in too deep?
23. How does Alexander compare himself to his country?
24. In My Shot, Alexander says he imagines death so much it feels more like…?
25. What is the last line sung in the whole show?
And that’s it! You’ve attempted all questions in our Hamilton lyrics quiz.
CLICK HERE for the answers and to add up your score. How did you do?
In the UK, you can sign up to Disney Plus for £59.99 a month, with other packages available. Visit disneyplus.com for more information.
Have you read this excellent piece on Hamilton from The Guardian?
IF YOU ENJOYED OUR HAMILTON QUIZ, test yourself with our other fun quizzes:
A REALLY HARD Disney quiz
The Harry Potter quiz that only clever muggles can answer
The ultimate Christmas Movie quiz
A fun, multiple choice Christmas quiz for kids
SHARE OUR QUIZ ON SOCIAL MEDIA! We can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
MORE TRAVEL ARTICLES FROM passportstamps.co.uk
How you can travel around the world with musical theatre
Where to follow the path of Alexander Hamilton in Virginia
Travelling with a baby and flying with a newborn: everything you need to know
Guide to driving in the USA and US car rental insurance
How much does it really cost to go to Disney World?
The best village in Lake Garda
Three days in Los Angeles – full itinerary
Two weeks in Japan – full itinerary
The complete guide to Orlando